MBR is the standard partitioning scheme that’s been used on hard disks since the PC first came out. It supports 4 primary partitions per hard drive, and a maximum partition size of 2TB. The GPT disk itself can support a volume up to 264 blocks in length. . It can also support theoretically unlimited partitions Windows restricts these limits further to 256 TB for a single partition (NTFS limit), and 128 partitions.
What is New (Saturday, February 29, 2020)
1. [Added] – Option to show disk size
2. [Added] – Option to open diskpart under the menu
3. [Added] – x64 version
4. [Added] – Colorful lines instead of Grid Lines on List
Identifying Partition style in Windows:
1. Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management
2. Select Disk Management On the left of the right lower pane,
3. Right-click on Disk which Windows installed on and select Properties.
4. Select the Volumes tab
5. The Partition style: entry will show as either Master Boot Record (MBR) or GUID Partition Table (GPT)..
For the novice users it is hard to determine Which partitioning scheme a particular disk is using and common question is “is there a easiest way to find out partition style ?”
Yes there is “Show Disk Partition Style” is a Portable Freeware to show our partition style with one click
How to use it:
Extract the ZIP file to the folder of your choice, then run DPStyle.exe , it will show your devices and Partitions styles
Supported operating systems: Windows 11 , Windows 10 , Windows 8.1 , Windows 8 , Windows 7 , Windows Vista , Windows Xp – (x86 & x64)
File: DPStyle_x64.exe – Virustotal
File: DPStyle.exe – Virustotal