Reg Converter is a portable freeware utility to convert .reg data to .bat, .vbs, or .au3. This is particularly useful for files which need administrator privileges in order to be merged into the registry , or for unattended installations.
Reg Converter v1.2 – What’s New – (Monday, 22. January 2018)
1. [ Fixed ] – Convert Clipboard button bug
2. [ Fixed ] – Minor BUGS and some code weakness
3. [ Added ] – Small settings for REG_DWORD registry values
4. [ Added ] – Non zero return code and syntax error identification in Command line mode
1. To convert any .reg file to .bat, .vbs, or .au3, click the ‘Select reg file” icon (the yellow folder) or just drag and drop the .reg file into the window.
2. Choose an ouput file type. If you choose .bat file output, you can select “Use Reg.exe” or “Use Regedit.exe”, though this has some limitations, for example writing Unicode characters to the registry is problematic.
3. To convert the .reg data, click the Convert button in the upper right, then click the “Save” button to save your converted data.
If you find a useful registry tweak on a website, and want to easily convert it to one of the supported formats, just copy it, then in Reg Converter use the “Clipboard” button in the upper right. It will convert the clipboard content, simplifying the process by saving you the steps of pasting text into Notepad, saving as a .reg file, then using regconverter.exe to convert it.
You can also add convert options to your right-click context menu. To do so, click the “Menu” button, then “Context Menu Options”. You can then choose which converters you would like to see on your context menu. Click “Apply Changes” to confirm your choices.
Reg Converter has CMD (command line) support. The screenshot below shows the available parameters (or type RegConverter.exe /? at the command line to list them)
Supported operating systems: Windows 11 , Windows 10 , Windows 8.1 , Windows 8 , Windows 7 , Windows Vista , Winsows Xp – (both x86 and x64)
Supported languages: English , Turkish , German , Greek , Chinese Simplified , Polish , French , Russian , Spanish , Korean , Hungarian , Slovenian , Indonesian , Portuguese , Italian , Arabic , Thai , Japanese , Hebrew , Dutch (Nederlands) , Persian , Romanian
We’ve noted this before, but we haven’t been able to update the Reg Converter program because we haven’t had enough time.Thanks for your suggestion.
Would it be possible to add powershell to the output formats?
Is it possible that this program can add any bat code and vbs in .exe with trusted NT authority, system and installation system permissions?
I need to add some keys to the registry with these privileges.
I’m almost sure the .exe format will support adding these codes with permissions as a trusted installer.
I am preparing windows 10 LTSC iso for the format, but there are too many .reg files. I wonder how do we batch convert them into a single .bat file? I could not find the relevant setting in this program. If so, the feature will be very useful to me.
(Ben format için windows 10 LTSC iso’su hazırlıyorum da çok fazla .reg dosyası var. Acaba bunları toplu halde tek bir .bat dosyasına nasıl dönüştürürüz? Bu program da ilgili ayarı bulamadım. Olursa özellik çok işime yarayacak.)
Could you please give us more information ?
pls update !!! & fix some problem ?add, add new
Very useful tool, Thanks.